The Future of Mobility is Electric. Transport is one of the main sources of urban air pollution. This sector contributes approximately one quarter of all energy related carbon dioxide emissions to the atmosphere. Fuel consumption by transport is expected to increase rapidly due to urbanization and economic growth especially in Africa where the urban population is expected to account for 66% of the total population by 2040, so it really is the right time to switch to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
This business plan proposes developing a suitable marketing concept that encompasses, in particular, service design, site identification and pricing for Public Charging Stations. It also envelops how to increase consumer base for sustainable development and revolution of the motor vehicle industry.
POWER- Africa has varying power requirements and power supply abilities. However solar power is ever present and reliable to fuel the establishment of such a project infrastructure – Substantial charging infrastructure investments are needed to fill the charging gap. Infrastructure costs are relatively modest and steadily decrease on a per-electric-vehicle basis and the costs for public charging infrastructure will decrease substantially on a per electric vehicle basis.CAPITAL- EV charging stations are relatively cheap to set up since not much space is needed. However, they vary according to the functionality and output. Moreover, motor vehicle companies need to come into the market to facilitate the establishment of such.
- Motor vehicle
- Electrical utility companies
- ICT companies
- City authorities
- The establishment of PCS will have to include vehicle manufactures and importers in order to provide the vehicles and meet demand.
- Lobbying vehicle manufactures to set up engine swap plants for clients with diesel or petrol car.• Strategic marketing will also be crucial to ensure potential consumers knowledge and information
- A more advantaged positioning to ensure accessibility of the PCS to consumers on demand and on lengthy trips.
- Use of solar energy to supply the far flanked areas of the country with limited power supply.
- Lowered tariffs on solar PCS and customer incentives.
- Home installation services at a fee.
- Roll out flexible payment options such as prepay Mpesa
- To be a major player in EV charging stations
- To be a Gasoline to EV conversion company
- To be a consulting company
- Capital and financial management solutions
- Business management solutions
- Technical support