Announced at the press conference presenting the 2020 Africa-France Summit held in Bordeaux on Tuesday 17 September 2019, the Challenge of 1.000 is a joint initiative of Digital Africa and the Summit.
The State will invite 1.000 Africans entrepreneurs to come to Bordeaux to present their solutions at The City of Solutions, a show dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories to be held during the 28th edition of the Africa-France Summit. June 4, 5 and 6, 2020.
The selection of contractors will meet the following criteria:
- Being an African entrepreneur, having an activity related to one of the 7 districts of The City of Solutions
- Gender Parity
- Geographical balance of origin of Contractors
- Balance of themes on the 7 districts (Access to essential services, Feeding the cities, Building and enhancing the city, Moving around the city / visit the city, Living in the city, Financing and structuring projects, Connecting the city)
- To be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at a lower cost and a strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view
- Be registered on the Digital Africa platform.
The 1000 Challenge is now over.
Thank you all for your participation.
The jury is currently studying your proposals, the results will be announced very soon.